What is a conversion rate?
Conversion rates are normally applied to websites: how many clicks on a link, or how many products purchased, or how many times a form gets filled out, or some other goal you have set.
For this article I am going to include conversion rates on advertising. Advertising should also have an objective (or call to action): visit a website, make a phone call, attend an event, etc.
Here are ideas on increasing conversion rates for both website and advertising:
- Offer guarantees for products or services.
- Use different action verbs: “call now” or “reserve today.”
- Include customer testimonials.
- State the benefits of your product or service — how does it help your reader/visitor solve their problem.
- Give extra thought to your headline, ie “Hundreds of Satisfied Customers.”
- Always use high-quality images on your advertising or website. A well thought out ad or website with good imagery will let people know that you care about quality.
- Consider a price match guarantee.
Website conversion rate
And here are ideas to incorporate into your website:
- On email subscribe forms or other forms, ask for as little information as necessary.
- Keep your call to action above the fold on your site.
- Use videos and let visitors see who is behind your brand.
- For e-commerce sites, recommend related products.
Lastly, always keep in mind your unique selling proposition. You can read more about that on this post.